Do you know about Hotmail? Hotmail is one of the most popular free online email services like Gmail and yahoomail. It was founded by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith and was one of the first webmail services on the Internet along with Four11’s RocketMail (later Yahoo! Mail). It was commercially launched on July 4, 1996, symbolizing “freedom” from ISP-based email and the ability to access a user’s inbox from anywhere in the world. Hotmail service was later sold to Microsoft who is now providing its services. The windows live Hotmail is now known as Outlook.com. this webmail service has more than 400 million users all over the world. If you have an internet connection in your device, you are free to make use of this service. I this article, we will show you How to sign up Hotmail and Sign in to your Hotmail account
In December 1997 Hotmail was sold to Microsoft for a reported $400 million, and it joined the MSN group of services. Hotmail was localized for different markets around the world, and this made it gain popularity. Hotmail also became the world largest webmail service with more than 30 million active members reported by February 1999. Hotmail originally ran on a mixture of FreeBSD and Solaris operating systems.
Hotmail users were provided with a schedule calendar which enables users to pay a subscription fee to upgrade their Hotmail account. Like google mail, Outlook.com service now provides unlimited storage for free. Users also have access to use Outlook to send and receive Outlook.com email. Users can also connect to Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Google, and LinkedIn.
How to sign up Hotmail and Sign in to your Hotmail account
- From your web browser, visit the official platform.@ outlook.live.com/owa/
- On getting to the official portal, click on the Create free account.
- Now type in the username you wish to use attaching @outlook.com at the back.
- Enter your desired password and click on the next button.
- Tick on the Send me promotional emails from Microsoft” box if you don’t want to receive product offers from Microsoft.
- When you are done with this option, Click the next button. You will be directed to a new web page.
- On this new web page, enter your first name and last name then click on the next button.
- Select our country, enter your Date of birth and click on the next key.
- For security purpose and to confirm that you are not a robot, you will have to enter the characters that will display on your screen.
- When you have been confirmed, you will now be directed to your dashboard to start using your account.
If you now have your account, and you wish to know how you can log in to your account next time. See how to log in your Hotmail account below.
Hotmail Account login: How to Access your Mail
- Launch any web browser and log into the official platform.
- Now you will click the sign in button and enter your login details.
- Your login details are your mail address or phone number and your password.